Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Dual (1988)

I suppose we should start out with the one that represents my sign the most, if you want to have an idea of whom I am. It exhibits a common underlying theme throughout many of my writings; that being medieval-related; and my Gemini nature. I was always fascinated with the medieval times (14th century). And no, I’ve yet to experience Hollywood’s Medieval Times. Some day. The most important aspect: the code of the knights of the roundtable. Honor. Discipline. Respect. Same as in the Asian arts. Wrote a poem about it. Like to hear it; here it goes…

The Dual
1988

Gemini be me
There’s More to See
My ideas wait to set free
From thoughts within
I conjure up
Life beknownst, a silver cup
From which to drink
A chalice to thee
Without malice, come dual with me.

There are two sides
Of which to stand
I am both sides
Come take my hand
On a journey we’ll travel
Through space and time
Distant worlds within the mind
In mine there is much to see
Step inside and dual with me.

We’ll hover the hemispheres
Just you and I
Left to right, o’er night we’ll fly
Decisions on one side
Confusion the other
Neither overtakes one or the other
Complexities abound
Whilst thoughts divide thee
This constant dualing inside me.

What shall I do
This universe so vast
Simple it seems on surface past
You and I are one
United, the same
Let’s move together
On life’s board game
I’m fine, you see, unhurt by thee

In tune and aware, I dual with me.

No comments: