Thursday, October 2, 2008

Speed Demon (1992)

Speed Demon
1992

Racing through the fire
Lightning pierces, strikes
Moments after I pass
Just missing
Down hell’s highway I fly
Nothing in my way
People say through hell they went
Maybe a destination it is not
But merely something to go through
How many times must I
For now, just passing by
Overhead and out of reach
Can’t stop, always going
Something about speed
Makes me a demon

Swiftly through time
No man I do fear
Hazards abound
When traveling above ground
Blackholes and whirlwinds
Capturing souls
My soul stands alone
Never in one place
With mobile velocity
In search of nothing
Continually learning
Gaining strength
From the forces of life
Cheating death for the hell of it
Invincibility, no anger or fury
In flying high
The dimensions are
Only I know why

No one knows
You have no idea
I scream while no one listens
No one hears but the beasts
They fear not my wrath
Hellhounds awaken by my side
To wait is their goal
For my ascension
For they cannot keep up
They understand
Life is not without
The speed demon.

No comments: