Thursday, October 2, 2008

Miss February: Queen Of Hearts (1988)

Miss February is dedicated to…I don’t even remember her name. It wasn’t even a relationship. Well, it was, sort of. A working relationship, that is. She was the Promotions Coordinator for Bill Graham Presents. I was her poster boy, no, make that poster distribution rep. Hey, being a native San Franciscan has its privileges, knowing all the districts in the city and where to appropriately hang posters. Alright, so I had a crush on her. Happens to the best of us. It’s why people who work together fall for each other. Anyway, this is dedicated to her. February was her birthday month. Wrote a poem about it. Like to hear it? Here it goes.

Miss February,
Queen of Hearts
1988

My heart is ever filled
Brimming with delight
As each day passes on
Forever into night

A holiday to some
Another day to you
A special day for me
To show my love is true
At snail speed I crawl
Giving space and time
But let us show affection
For today it’s not a crime

With all my heart and soul
Accept this if you may
My love grows stronger stillHappy Valentine’s Day.

No comments: