Thursday, October 2, 2008

Somewhere I Go (1991)

An attempt to encapsulate all of my likes into one sonnet.

Somewhere I Go
1991

Where is thou whose liketh that
Which is liked by some or all
One who lives the open mind
Enjoying all things for called.

What is it relished by I
Find out soon shall you
A brief detail give I must
To tease and hint a few.

Sonnets, champagne, an afternoon delight
Canvas impressions hang high
Soul, speed, symphony and between
Or waves on sands that lie.
WWF initials a sport of fave
Whilst the pins strike down
Films of grandeur intensify
Tragedy stages a frown.

Unknown explored with great anew
Mountainous valleys upon tread
A ferry ride ‘tween shores of yore
Asleep on earth of bed.
Pacific provides a sunset view
The stars are out to see
Whence the clouds occasionally stifle
The Science Academy’s help to degree.

Parks of recreation abound
To frolic within and tire
A candlelit feast to heighten thy senses
And embracement beside the fire.

As thee can see there’s plenty me
I shareth only with one
Somewhere for me a mate she’ll be
Someone second to none.

No comments: